Thursday 5 February 2015

This Week's Top Thing...

Although my time this week might have been sacrificed for the sake of completing/editing coursework, doing chores and, er, sharing Maltesers with a deeply ungrateful brother, I've still managed to uncover one special thing that has defined the past few days.

Weeks can often being forgotten about and forever left in the past if you simply let the minutes, hours and eventually days pass you by like a forgettable one hit wonder, yet I think that all of us have a duty to discover something that, with a dash of lucks, remains glued in our very tired brains. From the oh-so-thrilling storylines in your favourite soap opera to what your Maths teacher has been nagging at you to remember ever since the term began, it is fair to say that we are spoilt in the sense that we have plenty of choice in what we can pick up and one day use as a stash of secret power.

Like my parents say, knowledge is power and, believe me, it doesn't necessarily have to be sourced from a classroom - when you've stopped staring at your iPhone for a second, look around you! Apart from the stomach-churning drops of rain that are guaranteed to turn your sleek hair into a tangled bloodbath, what do you see? Sight tells us so much and brings more than we can possibly imagine to glorious life: it's like the Technicolour world that the lost Dorothy stumbled about in a pair of LikeATeen-perfect red slippers in search for, its vibrant colour never diminishing.

Therefore, that path originally starting out in Kansas City has arrived here on this very blog, in the form of my choosing the things that have recently caught my eye which literally spends 24/7 browsing through hundreds of pages of pure trash on Amazon. Of course, you aren't bound to like everything that you see whilst travelling on your journey, but that is to be expected - if you fell madly in love with all that you laid eyes on, wouldn't you be the most extreme hoarder in the world? Still, I wouldn't trust myself if I was offered the opportunity to pick up every Prada handbag that I've ever seen!

However hard that I might try to escape to a city as far away and fictional as Kansas, very little will disguise my current passions, whose egos are screaming to be heard like a hysterical kitten crying for his breakfast!

This week, my top thing is...

Nano hairstylers 


Ever since I found out about a trip to France at school last week, all that has been on my mind - apart from learning how to order a slice of yummy chocolate gateau in French, of course - is which hair straighteners and dryer I ought to buy. I might be more than four months away from crossing the channel to the country that I've always dreamt of visiting, yet my mind has been focusing on more important matters: my hair.

Along with shampoo, a brush, tons of bows and my favourite black bow clip, I will be carrying a handy pair of straighteners and dryer in my suitcase because, despite my hair being fine in its natural state, there is no way that I'm roughing it in a foreign country - as the French are renowned for their sophistication, I'm determined to look as well-presented as possible!

In my world, 'roughing it' is not a recognised expression - exactly like the ever-popular LOL which, in my opinion, is absolutely meaningless and has gone way past its sell-by date - and I really don't want to discover the meaning of it! As a result, I've had to start looking for my perfect styling tools that will maintain my appearance, though this hasn't altogether been the easiest task that you could think of.

The reason why? When travelling, there are so many factors to bear in mind. For one thing, the weight of a device or tool can seriously turn your suitcase into a featherweight breeze or bone-straining beast: every single thing counts. Also, I really can't stress on how precious space will be - I am very reluctant to scrimp on clothes, which means that I'll have to make some sacrifices in other areas! And, to state the obvious, I need to make sure that whatever I buy is multi-voltage - what would be the point on buying anything if it isn't multi-voltage?

Being able to tick all these boxes isn't the simplest task that you could think of, yet I'm confident that I've finally decided on what my life-saving hair-styling tools will be, thanks to the expertise of the best-selling hair brand, Babyliss. Discovering their nano range has definitely put my mind at ease - no longer will my niggling fear of living with dull and dismal prey on me like a starving tiger!

Definitely worthy of being the top thing of this week - anything for the sake of my oh-so-precious hair ought to receive a medal!

No comments:

Post a Comment